Thursday, October 06, 2005

The First Step.. for everything

Alhamdullillah, it's the second day of Ramadhan. I read a newspaper this morning, and I came accross an article on Ramadhan. It made me realize how lucky I am to be a muslim in Malaysia. I have more than enough to eat during iftar, and most of us even have more food to dump into bin. Quoting the article "here we experience Ramadhan everyday, whole year through, we seldom have enough food for everyday consumption, it's just anoher day for us". I'm sad, angry and sympathetic all at the same time looking at pictures of children, sitting on a dusty floor, eating but a cold, hard chunk of bread, all they can get that day. And our children, on the other hand, can afford to be choosy, complaining on food served to them! Ya Allah, give me guidance in educating my children to be grateful of what You have bestowed upon us.

On a lighter note, Went to the gym yesterday for a light exercise, had 1/2 hour cycling. Enoughlah to burn a bit of fat. Since calories taken this month is lower, hopefully by light exercise, I'll lose some weight.

I haven't started doing my assignment on book review yet, came another this morning for Hubungan Antarabangsa Module titled Malaysia and South-South Corporation. Very good! now I have additional burden in my head. I have no slightest idea what to write. Whoosh!!! there goes my weekend and the rest of next week. Oh another burden is coming in... research methodology module starting next week. Need to run to the nearest pharmacy, get myself paracetamol stock, just in case...

Public Speaking tomorrow, will be talking on "BLOG : the not so new but the so not known realm of writing" catchy title huh! without a content... bah! Now I need my paracetamol.......

No comments: